June 13, 2009
Utah Republican Party Convention
I had a great time today at the part convention. Often we complain about the amount of time such things take yet today seemed to run somewhat smoothly (excluding the sounds system of course). We were given the privilege to hear from many of our elected officials as well as a wonderful keynote speech from Ken Blackwell who invited the body to stand and fight for freedom. We also heard from multiple candidates for party offices. I felt the most moving speech came from Morgan Philpot (who won the vice-chair race) as he encouraged republicans to be willing to run and lose for what is right. He will be a strong conservative voice in the party leadership and I look forward to what he will do. All in all the almost 10 hours spent (including travel) today was well worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment