Saturday's are usually scheduled so tight that I don't always get to fit in any R&R. Today started as quite the exception and I took advantage of it. However, two hours into my relaxing activity I go ambitious and decided I would attack the problem with the washing machine. It has become a little too ambitious itself and not only washes the clothes, but feels the need to mob the kitchen floor as well. The only problem is the spin cycle doesn't dry the floor.
I'll have to post the picture later another day, but I was pretty proud of my work. The problem started with the water level sensor. Which I rigged with a piece of a coat hanger to hang about 3 inches lower. This solved the problem the first time the washer fills up, but apparently the wiring is different when it starts the rinse cycle so that one still floods. Oh well.
Even though I didn't solve all the problems with the thing, I enjoyed trying to figure it out, and was please I was able to do the little I did. At least now, when it decides to clean the floor, it will be using clean, fresh water, instead of the stuff the dirty clothes just sat in!
May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment