February 28, 2009

An Introduction to Me


Well, I'm writing my first post so, based on my last post, that must mean I have the page looking just like I want it right? For now at least, but as Jerry Jackman (a man who used to live in our house 50 years ago and decided to drop by today) said, "the only consistency in life is inconsistency". That said, I best start writing posts or I just might not get around to it. I'll call it my living page.

I am still working out in my head exactly what I intend to include in the future posts. Initially I thought of it as a place I might record various insights I pick up from church meetings and scripture study. Another thought I had included attempting essays or commentaries on different local and world events. Or maybe even the crazy things we and others choose to do with money. Chances are money will sneak in any way, as it's a favorite topic of mine, so here it goes.

Now, when I say "crazy" it could be mean a lot of things. Sometimes it'll mean 'complicated', and at other times it might mean 'creative', 'OCD', 'stupid', 'risky', and/or 'profitable', however, I reserve the right to use the term in any other number of ways.

As I end this post, I'll use the term to describe our family goal, crazy as in 'challenging'. The goal is for me to be able to retire within the next 15 years (yes, by the age 40). The idea and reason behind the goal is to see how many missions we can serve between then and "going the way of all the earth." Besides, my kid is only 2 months old (almost) and I already feel like I don't get to play with him enough... Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment